Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday Post No. 9

{via}

There are still plenty of pumpkins and Halloween decorations up in our neighborhood. People go crazy for Halloween here - so many front yards are overtaken by cobwebs, hanging skeletons, witches crashing into trees, giant spiders...honestly, I'm done with it. Pumpkins are good for a while longer, but not giant inflatable spiders.

I've worked many weekends in my life, but this is the first time I'm doing so for work. Real work. It was a long, challenging, but good day.

I have more reading I could be doing, but the knowledge that tomorrow is going to be yet another long day is preventing me from pulling out the books. Andrew is more productive than I am right now, as he just informed me that he's doing research for one of his final papers. I'm constantly impressed at how much he can get done in a day. Today, for example, he graded papers (freshman composition papers...a special kind of beast), researched for his own, read, bought groceries for dinner, and is now doing more research. And, he was super wonderful and bought us new coffee tumblers. Ones that are actually going to keep my much-needed coffee warm for more than 1 hour (goodbye, former coffee tumbler). Life is good with this guy.

And with that, it's time for wine, maybe some reading, and Saturday night college football. And candles. Definitely candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...