Monday, November 18, 2013

The Bear & The Hare.


{via}

I'm one of those people that may just prefer Thanksgiving to Christmas. Maybe it's because Thanksgiving isn't as commercial as the other two holidays surrounding it - it's easier to decorate (and shop) for Halloween and Christmas. I still love celebrating and yes, decorating for Christmas, but I think taking a day to cook a wonderful meal for (and, best of all, with) family, all without shopping, presents, stuff...is better than most anything else.

All of that being said, there's something about this Christmas ad that just tugs at my heart. I know it's designed for an expensive department store chain, and of course, the ad-execs/Mad Men of the world know how to best play on our emotions to get us to buy...but still. I do not pretend to be immune to Christmas advertising.

Just watch the sweetness:


How can you not just melt? And maybe better yet is the work that went into making the ad...see here for all of the incredible details. 

So. With Thanksgiving only a week away, I can hardly wait to cuddle and snuggle and be cheesy with my favorite people (and dog), and, fine, maybe even drink coffee in Christmas mugs. But only after Thanksgiving dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. This just made my day! Thank you for sharing this sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it adorable?!? Andrew showed it to me a week ago and I couldn't resist putting it back up. Hope you're doing well, Alex!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...