Monday, November 26, 2012

MN Mondays: Thankful.


There is no way to describe how wonderful our weekend at home was! Each time we're back in MN, we feel like our days fly by and our to-see-and-do list is never completely satisfied...but our last trip reminded us of how incredibly thankful we are to have just the best family and friends to come home to. 

This is a short post; I'll put up plenty of pictures and tell you more about our week later, but I did want to take a minute and note what we are so thankful for this Thanksgiving. I know that the "official" day of thanksgiving was Thursday (and how is it already Monday?), but especially this year, I'm trying to remind myself daily of all that we've been given and to be thankful for it all. Our families top that list. There is, without a doubt, no more supportive, loving, hilarious, reassuring, and comforting family than ours. It's not been the easiest to be away from them these last few months, but the visits, phone calls, text messages, emails, and FaceTime dates have certainly helped. We love you more than words can say. I'm also so grateful for our trusty and dependable car, our avtochko, that has safely transported us home several times now. I'm thankful for how hard Andrew is working here, and for the opportunity for us to have this adventure together in a new place. I'm thankful to have passed the bar, for our beautiful apartment, and for our delicious cooking adventures...and of course, for our friends who keep in touch with us, from near and far. There is so much more, but I did say this was going to be short. 

I hope all of our readers had the best Thanksgiving with their loved ones, ate plenty of amazing food, and had the opportunity to relax and spend time with those that mean the most to them. I know we certainly did. 

Tonight, I'm making this spicy curry (we're looking forward to something with a different flavor profile than turkey and potatoes), and we'll put up our Christmas tree! I love decorating for Christmas, and it'll be so fun to do in our new place...pictures to come! 

Hoping your Monday was tolerable and that this week goes by quickly...I'm already looking forward to the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...