Monday, January 21, 2013

MN Mondays: Nicollet Mall.


Maybe it's because I've missed being downtown almost every day, or maybe it's because this lovely little street has been on my mind lately as we're searching for rehearsal dinner locations (!!), but lately, I've been thinking about Nicollet Mall. Running through the center of downtown Minneapolis, Nicollet is home to great restaurants and shopping. I spent a lot of time walking down its sidewalks, whether during my Macy's Registry days in high school and college or during law school. I miss the lights and the people watching, and look back happily on the many date nights (including our first ever!) and soccer mornings that happened here. 

Photo by Joe Ennesser

Photo by Tricia Vetrone

Photo by Betsy Graca

Maybe one of the best parts about Nicollet Mall is the fact that you can cross it all by skyway, which would have been completely necessary on a day like today, with a -40 windchill! I'm looking forward to spending some time on the downtown sidewalks this summer, which seems a long way away with this weather. But there is a sign of hope - tonight, it wasn't completely dark until after 5:00! Now this is progress! 

Photos (2), (3), and (4) via Capture Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...