Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This week, in Shorewood...


Our weather has been everywhere and back again! On Sunday, we had this:


Yesterday, it was wonderfully sunny and the snow started to disappear:


Today, it was rainy, and gray...but a beautiful 61 degrees! I went to work without a coat this morning, and the best thing was that I could actually smell spring in the air. I'm so anxious for springtime and am so DONE with winter...

...but apparently winter's not done with us. Today was just a mean joke, because tomorrow we're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow and by Friday our high temperature will climb all the way up to 9. How excited am I? Enough to want to buy iced coffees and swimsuits and flip flops and sundresses, just to spite Old Man Winter. I'm so tempted...but the sane, rational side of me is keeping me in check.

Our cold blast will be perfect for cooking this weekend, and since we'll be watching the Superbowl, we're going to make wings, some sort of queso, guacamole (and I can't wait to use our new molcajete that D bought for Christmas!!), and maybe even homemade tortillas. Sounds like the perfect thing to look forward to while I attempt to study Property Law, Criminal Procedure, and Evidence rules. Sunday, get here NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...