Thursday, September 12, 2013

Five things.


{via}

-------1-------
My mom and sister went to the best apple orchard in MN today. Who's jealous? Moi.  What I would give for a turnover with cinnamon ice cream...

-------2-------
Today is the first day that it hasn't felt HOT outside. There's an actual chill in the air this afternoon.  While I'm ready for the weather to change over from 90 degrees and humid to something much more pleasant, I'm sad, too, which is strange for me since I love fall! This summer was beautiful, in every sense of the word, even if we did have to turn the bedroom into a makeshift kitchen to survive the heat (that actually happened). The changing season is already making me miss all the wonderful adventures of summertime. 

-------3-------
I finished writing our thank-you notes to all our friends and family last night. I already knew this, and have said it before, but we really do have THE BEST group of friends and the most generous families. Just rereading all the lovely cards put a huge smile on my face. I'm a sucker for all kinds of stationery, even blank cards with puppies on the cover with a quick but heartfelt note inside...so everyone's messages and good wishes made my day. 

-------4-------
I made this for dinner the other night. So, so good, probably the best thing that's happened to cauliflower yet. Ms. Izard does not disappoint. For proof, see here...and here, and here

-------5-------
The X-Factor is back. It's one of my guilty pleasures since...last year. We were hooked last fall, probably because it was one of the few things on non-cable tv that we didn't hate watching. It took a bit of adjusting to get used to being limited to 6 channels, though we're doing just fine now...thanks to Netflix, Hulu, etc. But really, I don't know why I like this show - it's basically the same as American Idol and America's Got Talent, which I don't watch at all. Andrew put it well last night, tweeting this: 
Watching #XFactor is like listening to this. You can't help but enjoy it even if you know you should be hating it.
Michael Jackson - Will You Be There - Version Free Willy - [HQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...