Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Post No. 1



Happy December!

I can't believe we're already into the holiday season - it's strange to think I don't have finals to study for or a major paper to edit, but my internal clock still runs on semesters because of Andrew's schedule. We also can't believe his first semester of PhD classes is almost done - when did that happen? 

So everything's been busy lately - work, classes, life...and our lovely Kukhnya has been feeling a little lonely (not our actual kukhnya - there's plenty of good food that's come out of there!). I've absolutely loved having this place to keep in touch with our family and friends; I also love that I can look to my posts to see how we've spent almost four months here in Milwaukee. Time flies, but I certainly don't want to lose track of it! That's why I'm writing on a Saturday - I'm going to make sure to check in on here more often. Just bear with us, family, friends, and readers, as we figure out how to best navigate our schedules - I promise we're still here! 

Today we had a lovely visit from one of my good friends, Kathryn - it was just wonderful to be able to catch up with her in person! Now, we have our beautiful yalynka, our Christmas tree, all lit up (isn't it beautiful?!? I just love it!), and are flipping between various college football games. Even though it's 60 degrees and raining outside, everything feels Christmasy. Life is good. 

I hope your weekend is off to a fantastic start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...