Monday, December 31, 2012

MN Mondays: Auld Lang Syne.


How is it the last day of 2012? I just can't believe how quickly this year has gone by! 

While I'm not usually one for resolutions, I always like to take a look back at the last year to reflect on all that has happened over the previous twelve months. Twelve months - some days it seems like it takes forever to get through a year, and other days, I feel like time just flies, and the year is over in a blink of an eye.

I think back to New Year's Eve 2011, and so much has changed since then. We went out for a few hours to a friend's place, but came back to spend the night in our old apartment in Minneapolis because we were snowed in and couldn't get a cab to go anywhere else. We stayed in, drank champagne and danced the night (and year) away by ourselves. Now, a year later, we've gone on all sorts of adventures that were really unimaginable to me this time last December 31st. From major school accomplishments for both of us (graduating from law school and passing the bar to starting a PhD program) to the big move to a new state and every little event in between, 2012 has taught me a lot about myself and about what is truly important in life. Through it all, I know we couldn't have done all that we have without the love and support of our families and close friends. That is truly the glue that holds my life together, and I don't know what I would do without it. 

While 2012 was really a major year for us, I am so, so excited for what 2013 will bring...I'm sure there are going to be plenty of surprises in store, as always, but the best and most wonderful thing about the year ahead is that we're getting married!! I can't wait to marry my love, and August can't get here soon enough! 

I hope that 2013 brings everyone peace, health, and love. Spend tonight with your favorite people reminiscing all about 2012, and ring in the new year with a glass of something sparkling. Stay safe, stay warm, and stay happy. 

Here's to an absolutely wonderful new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...