Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Friday!

{via}

Aren't these hyacinths lovely? When we were little, my mom would buy them for us every spring and we'd set them on the kitchen table to watch them grow. Hyacinths are special because they grow and bloom quickly...this made it fun for us to "check on the flowers" every morning at breakfast! I may just have to buy some to remind myself spring is really on the way...

While I'm not looking forward to losing an hour of sleep this Sunday (I LOVE sleep), I'm really excited for the week ahead. Here's why:

1) The start of Daylight Savings Time means spring is just around the corner. I was over winter two months ago and really don't think I can take it anymore. Thank goodness for longer days, warmer sun, and melting snow!
2) I'm almost at 2 dozen pysanky - and should be able to make at least a few more in the next few days. I will be transporting all of them carefully on our drive home next week...
3) WE GO HOME NEXT WEEK! These last two months since we've been back in MKE have been tough: lots of work, studying, and enough of the winter blues to make everything seem five times worse than it actually is. We absolutely cannot wait to be back in MPLS for a few days and are so, so excited to spend time with our favorite people (and animals, too). This week really can't go by fast enough. 

Tonight I've got more pysanky to make, and perhaps a run to the gym, sans note cards, of course. 

Hope all of you have a beautiful weekend (and get to sleep early on Sunday!). 

P.S. - have you voted today? Thanks a million to those who are playing along

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...