Monday, February 4, 2013

MN Mondays: Spring at home + Superbowl food.


As I was cleaning up some of the files on my laptop I stumbled across this gem. This picture is from the tiny lake (like really tiny...maybe it's more like a big pond?) of Kordiak park by our house at home. I've gone on so many walks there, we've hosted parties there, and I'm really wishing I was there right now! It's such a small little park, but just big enough for Medyk to run around through and not get too tired. Can't tell I'm craving sunshine and warm weather (and home) at all, can you.

At least we had some fun to distract ourselves from the not-so-nice winter weather yesterday! We snacked on our homemade bar food throughout the day and watched the game at night. Andrew made awesome wings that were smoked the day before, then fried and tossed with two different barbecue sauces, a mustard one and a spicier habanero one. We also made this fantastic guacamole and fried our own tortilla chips. "Guac" is one of my favorite snacks, even though I hated it when I was little - I think it was too green for my liking or something along the same ridiculous lines.

I would've added a serrano pepper to the mix, but that's because we like our food spicy! Otherwise this was a pretty mild version, almost sweet, in a way, because of the roasted garlic. So good.



I can't believe we're into February now. I was talking with one of my friends about how neither of us really like this month because at this point winter's boring and we're needing some fresh air. Anyone else feel that way? I am excited, though, for Andrew's birthday at the end of the month. It'll be a busy three weeks leading up to it, but I know we'll celebrate well...I already have his birthday present, and I can't wait to see his reaction!! 

Have a good start to your week, everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...