Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Popovers!


Remember a while ago when I said I'd post the recipe for popovers? Well, here you are, and it couldn't be an easier one: 

Mix together 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of flour, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl; let the mixture sit for one hour at room temperature (or you can refrigerate overnight and remove to room temp at least 30 minutes before baking). 
Pour mixture into a popover pan that has about 1/2 a tablespoon of melted butter in the bottom, filling it about 3/4 full. 
Bake at 450 degrees for about ten minutes, then lower it to 400 degrees and continue baking until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes more. This should make 6-8 popovers, depending on your pan. 

There are no excuses for not making these (I'm really wanting some for tomorrow's dinner): if you don't have a popover pan, use a muffin tin! Seriously, delicious. 

P.S.: I'm liking these recipes with no more than 4 basic ingredients...
P.P.S.: Apparently today is World Nutella Day. I think I need to make those doughnuts. 

___________________
Photo via Michael Ruhlman; photo by Donna T. Ruhlman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...