Friday, May 3, 2013

Five things.


{via}

-------1-------
How is it May? This means the year is nearing its half-way mark, which freaks me out entirely. I don't know where time has gone, where exactly spring is hiding, or how it's been a year since graduating from law school. The fact that time is rushing by so quickly is countered by the fact that it seems like forever since we've been home to Minneapolis. Thankfully, Andrew's parents visited a few weeks ago to bring some family/MN love to MKE, but then again, HOW was that so long ago?!? I feel like I'm trapped in this weird zone where everything is moving so quickly and I feel like there's still much to do in so little time, and one where it seems that the days are taking forever and summer will never come. Anyone else feel this way? 

-------2-------
More on time: today is our five-year anniversary. Fast-forward from one Guinness each and a night full of conversation at Brit's to two graduate degrees (with a third in progress), a ring, a move, a lot of cooking, more wine, and an upcoming wedding, and we're here. I'm so glad we went to Brit's that night, after several weeks of old school flirting and discussing class reading assignments. So much has changed, but not really - we're still committed to each other, our families, and the life ahead of us. I can't wait to marry you, Driy!!

-------3-------
We'll be home in Minneapolis in exactly 2 weeks from today. We have an actual countdown going on our chalkboard, we're that excited. 

-------4-------
Both my sister and Andrew's sister are graduates this year! My sister graduates in a bit more than 2 weeks and Andrew's sister graduated earlier this week! Way to go, ladies!! We're proud of both of you and will celebrate LOTS when we're home. 

-------5-------
It's Orthodox Easter this weekend, which is strange because I don't remember the last time that the two Easters (Orthodox and everyone else's) were so far apart; usually, there's just a few weeks between the two. I don't think it helps that the first Easter was so early, either. To all those celebrating this weekend - have an extra slice of paska (and lots of extra syrna paska and kovbasa) for me. I'm quite sad about not having any. I was going to bake some and make syrna, but a) I was at work for too long to bake and b) NO ONE sells farmer's cheese here. I was complaining about this to my mom, who was equally surprised and indignant: "but it's Wisconsin, how do they not sell farmer's cheese in Wisconsin?" I don't know, and I'll be upset about it for a while. Oh, and I would love to see if any of my Ukes decide to embrace the other holiday going on this weekend...if someone decides to be brave and go have their burrito blessed in their koshyk, please send me photos. You would make my week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...