Monday, October 15, 2012

MN Mondays: Turkey Day 5k.


This is a bit of a different MN Monday post; the others have all been about places we love or favorite activities of ours back home. This one, though, is all about something new that I'm looking forward to...this year, on Thanksgiving morning, my sister and I will be running the Turkey Day 5k!

A quick confession: I don't run. At all. At least not until deciding to do this race. I felt like I needed some motivation to push myself at the gym, and my sister had mentioned doing this run. This brings us to today, exactly 38 days to Turkey Day. So far so good, I think; running gets easier each time I'm out.

The course looks like fun, especially as we get to run by the river, the Guthrie Theater, and through downtown. It'll be a fun way to see some of my favorite places when we're home for Thanksgiving. No word  yet on whether we'll be dressing up as turkeys or if we'll run while carrying one...yes, apparently people actually do this:


Any advice from Turkey Day veterans, or running advice in general? It'll be an early morning (and hopefully one without snow), but it should make for a good start to one of my favorite holidays of the year!

*Photos via Mill City Times 2011 Turkey Day 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...