Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Who's for the gnocchi?


Remember the other day when I said I was going to make gnocchi? 


I used this recipe from Bon Appétit and they turned out great (one change from the recipe: before adding olive oil, I tossed the gnocchi with salt as they came out of the water. It made a huge difference and really heightened the flavor!). I love the hint of nutmeg, which really draws on the tastes of fall and is so comforting and warm. 


We had them with oxtail ragu that I braised in crushed tomatoes, red wine, and fresh herbs (after the oxtail lasagna we ate at g.e.b. in Chicago, we knew we had to try to cook with oxtails at home!), and carrots with thyme and butter. Making gnocchi is easy; it just takes a bit of time to roll them out. Solution: get your friends/little ones/husbands/girlfriends/siblings to help out! Cooking, like eating, is usually best with others in the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...